As a market leader in live events, UBM EMEA sees it as fundamental that we are conscious of the impact that our actions have on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
UBM EMEA strives to manage its impact by ensuring that the principles of sustainability are at the core of all our activities.
Please see our sustainability policy for more details.
For each of our events we have six key areas of focus:
What you can do as an attendee?
- The biggest environmental impact of visitors to our events is from travelling to the event; the single best thing you can do is to think about your travel choices.
- At the show be aware of what waste you are generating and reduce it as much as you can, ensure you use the recycling facilities provided.
- Ask exhibiting companies about their sustainability policy, initiatives and credentials.
As an exhibitor
- Think about what will happen to everything at the end of the show, what can you use again? What waste can you design out? Is the rest recyclable? Designate someone from your team to manage your waste.
- Use low energy equipment (e.g. lighting) on your stand and switch them off when not in use.
- One of the biggest environmental impacts of our events is travel. Think about the methods of transport you and your materials use to get to and from the event. Choose public transport, and logistic companies with sustainable credentials.
Whether you are a visitor, exhibitor, supplier, venue, or interested party and would like to work together with us towards sustainability, or you simply have a question about sustainability please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Volker Höntsch, UBM EMEA Group Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager, email@example.com
Lucie Thomas, UBM EMEA Sustainability Co-ordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org